- Servings: Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
From Todd English's Rustic Pizza (Castle Point Books, © 2017) by Todd English and Heather Rodino). Published with permission.
This basil-infused oil comes together in just a few minutes. Use it as a finishing oil, or add a tablespoon or two to one of the tomato sauces for instant fresh basil flavor.
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, pulse together the garlic and basil until the ingredients are chopped.
- Add the oil, salt, and pepper and process until the mixture is smooth.