The City Cook RSS Feed
Current Feed: https://www.thecitycook.com/misc/feed.xml
- The Interview: Steven Jenkins Talks Olive Oil - 06/06/2019
Steven Jenkins, founder and partner of Olive Oil Jones, talks about olive oil – how to choose a great one, what all that terminology on the label means, what it should cost, and why early harvest matters.
- Ingredients 101: Buttermilk - 06/06/2019
Buttermilk is milk but it has no butter. Plus it’s low-fat. Confused? There’s lots to know about this healthy, tasty, and versatile ingredient.
- Mirepoix 13.1 - 03/22/2019
Mirepoix -- From the French, a mix of aromatics that provide the savory foundation of a recipe. From The City Cook, a periodic report on things that have been collecting on my desk.
- Rhubarb, Rosewater & Pistachio Galettes - 03/22/2019
From Clodagh's Suppers: Suppers to Celebrate the Seasons by Clodagh McKenna. Photography by Dora Kazmierak. Published by Kyle Books, an imprint of Octopus Books. ©2019. Reprinted with permission.
- Watercress Soup - 03/21/2019
From Simply Delicious: The Classic Collection, 100 Timeless, Tried, and Tested Recipes by Darina Allen. Photography by Peter Cassidy. Published by Kyle Books, an imprint of Octopus Books. ©2019. Reprinted with permission.
- Pantry Dinner: Spaghetti with Tomato Paste and Garlic - 03/18/2019
Made with only four pantry ingredients and wonderfully satisfying.
- Classic Irish Stew - 03/07/2019
Perfect for a cold winter's night, with chunks of tender lamb, potatoes and carrots, in a satisfying broth and pearl barley.
- The Interview: Mary Ann Esposito's My Lifelong Food Adventures In Italy - 02/18/2019
Mary Ann Esposito has hosted Ciao Italia, PBS’s longest running cooking show for thirty years and is the author of Ciao Italia: My Lifelong Food Adventures in Italy, her thirteenth cookbook. In this conversation, she talks about what makes Italian food defiantly regional, she debunks the image of Italy as having a red sauce culture, and she shows us how simple and fresh Italian ingredients are the key to its irresistible flavors.
- What's In Season: Winter Salads - 02/17/2019
There are many salads that are well suited to winter ingredients.
- The Interview: Tia Keenan On the Art of Cooking Cheese - 01/15/2019
Tia Keenan, author of Melt, Stretch & Sizzle: The Art of Cooking Cheese, talks about the pleasures, techniques, and satisfying flavors of cooking cheese.