The City Cook RSS Feed
Current Feed: https://www.thecitycook.com/misc/feed.xml
- Barbara Kafka's Szechuan Green Beans - 06/06/2018
An affectionate memory of the great Barbara Kafka.
- What's in Season: Artichokes - 05/23/2018
To look at an artichoke doesn't give us a clue to how to eat them. Or cook them.
- Gildas - 05/07/2018
Created in Basque Country, named for Rita Hayworth.
- What's In Season: Asparagus - 04/30/2018
Asparagus is the first vegetable sign that spring has arrived.
- No Knead Bread Redux - 03/14/2018
Years after no-knead bread became a phenomenon, here's an even easier and just as tasty way to have fresh homemade bread.
- Prosciutto and Tomato Tarts - 03/13/2018
A salty, buttery, and savory tart made with store-bought puff pastry, prosciutto and sliced cherry tomatoes.
- What's In Season: Celeriac - 02/21/2018
Also known as celery root, this ugly winter root vegetable has a gentle tangy flavor, eaten raw or cooked.
- Apple Crisp - 02/14/2018
My all-time favorite dessert.
- Rock The Pantry - 02/01/2018
How to plan, stock and use a city kitchen pantry to make daily cooking easier, less costly, and more successful.
- Lentils and Tiny Pasta - 02/01/2018
This recipe is a perfect example of how a well-planned and well-stocked pantry can easily produce a wonderful and satisfying meal with no notice and very little time.