The City Cook RSS Feed
Current Feed: http://www.thecitycook.com/misc/feed.xml
- Be My Valentine. And Bring A Hammer. - 02/11/2017
For Valentine's Day -- discounts at Brooklyn Butcher Blocks to buy a beautiful, hand-made gift or sign up for a woodworking class and make your own cutting board with your sweetheart. Isn't that better than a crowded restaurant?
- What's In Season: Nantucket Bay Scallops - 02/02/2017
Sweet, small and in season only in the winter.
- Mirepoix 11.1 - 01/23/2017
Mirepoix -- From the French, a mix of aromatics that provide the savory foundation of a recipe. From The City Cook, a periodic report on things that have been collecting on my desk.
- Crispy Chia Tofu - 01/23/2017
From Donna Hay's newest cookbook, Life In Balance, this recipe combines a power protein with big flavor and a crispy crumb.
- Olive Oil-Yogurt Cake - 01/22/2017
From the Editors of America's Test Kitchen, a traditional Mediterranean cake with a tender crumb, lemon glaze, and mildly fruity aroma from its use of olive oil and yogurt instead of butter.
- Watercress, Broccoli and Roasted Garlic Pesto - 01/20/2017
From Donna Hay's latest book, Life In Balance, A Fresher Approach To Eating. Packed with flavor and healthy greens.
- Bring On The New - 12/27/2016
From annus horribilis to annus mirabilis. We can only hope.
- Toasted Pecans - 12/23/2016
Even better when served slightly warm, toasted pecans are a quick and healthy snack or to pair with a drink.
- Happy Holidays From The City Cook - 12/21/2016
Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas from The City Cook.
- It's a Gingerbread Wonderland - 12/11/2016
Holiday magic in a cookie or a cake.