The City Cook RSS Feed
Current Feed: https://www.thecitycook.com/misc/feed.xml
- Alex Hitz and Occasions To Celebrate - 12/20/2022
Alex Hitz, author of Occasions To Celebrate: Cooking and Entertaining With Style, talks with us about his book and how to be a more successful host.
- Plant, Harvest, Cook! with Mary Ann Esposito - 11/08/2022
Mary Ann Esposito, host of PBS’s Ciao Italia and author of 14 cookbooks about the Italian kitchen, talks with us about her latest book, Ciao Italia: Plant, Harvest, Cook!, what it means to plant and harvest a backyard vegetable garden and how to bring its bounty into our kitchens.
- Autumn Mirepoix - 11/02/2022
Mirepoix -- From the French, a mix of aromatics that provide the savory foundation of a recipe. From The City Cook, a periodic report on things that have been collecting on my desk.
- Terroir - 10/25/2022
How to bring the principles and benefits of terroir -- climate, soil, sun, and geography -- into our city kitchens.
- What's In Season: Figs - 09/26/2022
Intensely flavored, fragile, and a partner to so many other tastes, both sweet and savory.
- Vinegar 101 - 08/31/2022
This complex and versatile product can add bright personality to many dishes.
- Hot Fun In The Summertime - 06/13/2022
Market shopping and cooking during a summer of endless heatwaves.
- Carrot and Chickpea Salad - 04/22/2022
Unlike most salads that require lots of time-consuming chopping, this one simply combines mostly already-prepped ingredients with a bright lemon vinaigrette.
- Hardware & Software: Knives Part II -- Beyond the Basics - 03/25/2022
Once you have your basic knives you may want to add to your collection with some specialty blades that can help get the job done more easily.
- Budmo! and Support for Ukraine - 03/16/2022
Purchase, read and cook from Budmo! to support Ukraine and help feed its refugees.