The City Cook RSS Feed
Current Feed: https://www.thecitycook.com/misc/feed.xml
- Mirepoix 12.1 - 09/17/2018
Mirepoix -- From the French, a mix of aromatics that provide the savory foundation of a recipe. From The City Cook, a periodic report on things that have been collecting on my desk.
- Fresh Peach Cobbler - 09/11/2018
Sliced sweet fresh peaches with a buttery cobbler topping.
- What's Fabulous: Zesty Z Za'taar - 08/10/2018
From Zesty Z, a new spreadable za'taar. Full of flavor, versatile, vegan and gluten-free, and an easy way to add Mediterranean flavors to your cooking and snacks.
- What's In Season: Basil - 08/08/2018
For pesto, Caprese salad and much more.
- What's Fabulous: Greenmarket Hot Sauce - 07/16/2018
Sweet and savory hot sauces made from peppers grown in and bought from community gardens. Get some heat from The Bronx and Queens!
- A Glorious Celebration of Fruit - 07/11/2018
From Vienna native and Chez Panisse alum Bernadette Wörndl, a gorgeous, versatile and inspiring cookbook about one of our favorite foods.
- Cherry Clafoutis - 07/11/2018
- Pork Cutlets With Caramelised Pears and Sage - 07/11/2018
A complex and savory main dish that combines pork's smokey flavor with pears' sweet complexity. From Fruit: Recipes that Celebrate Nature, by Bernadette Worndl.
- What's In Season: Sweet Cherries - 07/05/2018
The smallest stone fruit, cherries are one of the best eating parts of summer.
- Barbara Kafka's Szechuan Green Beans - 06/06/2018
An affectionate memory of the great Barbara Kafka.