Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Prosciutto
Tender Beans Partnered with Sherry Vinaigrette and Shreds of Prosciutto
- Servings: 4.
Green beans and their more tender haricots vert counterpart are available year-round. Add slices raw, bright little tomatoes and shreds of prosciutto to make a satisfying and easy bean salad.
- 1 to 2 pounds haricots verts (also called French beans)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/8 pound prosciutto (about 5 paper thin slices)
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Clean and trim the beans.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and rinse the beans with cool water to stop the cooking. Make sure the beans are completely drained; pat with paper towels to remove any excess water and place the beans in a serving bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the serving bowl with the beans.
- Using a knife or your fingers, shred the prosciutto slices into about 1-inch pieces. Add to the beans and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl combine the sherry vinegar with the salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork until the salt dissolves. Add the olive oil and continue to whisk until the dressing emulsifies. Pour over the beans and tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately at room temperature.