Cucumber Salad With Mint and Feta
Fresh Flavors Combine in a Green and White Salad
- Servings: 4.
Because of the moisture in the cucumbers, this salad is best assembled just before serving. Otherwise the salt in the dressing can cause excess water, drawn from the cucumbers, to dilute the flavors.
- 3 cups of 1/2-inch thick slices of cucumbers, either peeled and seeded American cucumbers or seedless kirbies or English cucumbers left unpeeled
- 3 cups greens such as watercress or mache
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, trimmed and leaves cut into thin slices (about 1/4-cup total)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons white wine or Champagne vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 6 grinds of fresh pepper
- In a salad bowl combine the vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir until the salt dissolves.
- Add the olive oil and whisk until the oil and vinegar combine.
- Immediately add the slices of cucumber and toss to coat.
- Add the salad greens and mint slices and toss again.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese and toasted pine nuts on top and serve immediately.