Sour Cream Horseradish Sauce
- Servings: Makes 1 cup.
This simple sauce combines the richness of sour cream with the sweetness of onion and the big personality of horseradish. If you have access to fresh horseradish, you can grate it with a microplane rasper but reduce the amount by half since fresh horseradish is far more potent than the one bought in a jar at the grocery store.
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 small or 1/2 medium yellow onion grated on the large holes of a box grater to produce 1/4 cup shredded onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish or more to taste
- Grate the onion using the large holes of a box grater.
- Combine the sour cream, onion and horseradish in a small bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more horseradish and perhaps a pinch of salt.