Lemon Jasmine Rice
- Servings: 4.
This easy dish needs only rice and a fresh lemon, ingredients you probably always have on hand. It's a perfect companion to fish and makes an ordinary weeknight dinner something special.
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon rind
- Optional: 1 heaping tablespoon finely minced fresh basil
- Bring 2 cups water and the salt to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the rice and stir to combine.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice has become tender and fluffy, absorbing all the water.
- Remove from the heat and add the grated lemon rind and if you like, the minced fresh basil. Use a fork to combine and to fluff the rice.
- Serve immediately.