Oven-Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- Servings: 4.
Shrimp scampi is a classic combination of shrimp, garlic, butter and lemon. Add this to pasta or serve with salad and chunks of fresh bread and it's a perfect weeknight supper.
In this cooking method, garlic, oil and butter are quickly pre-heated in the oven and then the shrimp are added, completely cooking in an additional 7 minutes.
This recipe method keeps the top of the stove -- and your hands -- free for other cooking. And if you keep a bag of frozen shrimp in your freezer, this dish can be entirely made from your pantry with little notice and in less than an hour, from freezer to dinner table.
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed with the side of a chef's knife
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 medium lemon)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- In a medium baking dish, place the garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil and butter and place the baking dish in the preheated oven for about 6 minutes, or until the butter is completely melted.
- Add the cleaned shrimp to the hot baking dish and carefully (because the oil is hot) move around so that both sides are coated.
- Bake for about 7 minutes until the shrimp are opaque, cooked through, and tender (if you use smaller or larger shrimp, this may change the cooking time to less or more than 7 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with the lemon juice, sprinkle with the chopped parsley, and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately either with pasta or with chunks of fresh bread.