From Brooklyn Bar Bites by Barbara Scott-Goodman. Published by Rizzoli New York, © 2016. Photography by Jennifer May. Published with permission.
- Servings: Serves 1.
- 3/4 ounce Italian Brandy
- 3/4 ounce Orgeat (see below)
- For Orgeat:
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 ounces amaretto
- 2 ounces almond extract
- 1/2 ounce rose water
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the brandy and Orgeat and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled coup, top off with Champagne, and serve.
- To make the Orgeat:
- Put the almond milk, sugar, amaretto, almond extract, and rose water in a large saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate, uncovered, until ready to use.
- It will keep, covered, for up to 2 weeks.